Friday, April 9, 2010

"IMPACT"

“You never know how far reaching something you may say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow.”
-BJ Palmer (developer of chiropractic)

On mornings when I take my daughter to school, I usually attend the Morning Prayer, and pledge of allegiance. The principal also greets the entire student body daily and shares a passage. She mentioned a story that made me realize the power of the above quote: (in her paraphrased words :)…
“…one early morning last year, I arrived at school to find a camper in the parking lot. I knocked on the door and a nice gentleman answered. He stated he got extremely tired driving and pulled off I-70 on his way to California to find a place to sleep. He found the school parking lot. I invited him for a tour of the school and he was so impressed with our campus, he also decided to stay for church. I gave him a school calendar and he went on his way. I received a phone call from him this morning. He said he would like a new calendar for the next school year and he wanted to let me know that not a day goes by that he doesn’t pray for our school.”
It is so easy to assume and judge isn’t it? What would you think of seeing a camper parked at your child’s school? I know my initial reaction wouldn’t have been to invite them into the school for a tour! – I would invite them to the nearest entrance to the highway! But it is stories like this that help me realize that we live in a world full of nice people. It is oftentimes our incorrect perception that leads to us fearing what isn’t even real.

No comments:

Post a Comment